Usb Device switcher

Did you see a new gadget or toy and start brimming with ideas? See something that has tons of potential? Discuss these thoughts here.

Usb Device switcher

Postby donfal487 » October 15th, 2017, 3:19 pm

Im in the brainstorming stage
My problem i have a radio in my car that can take 2 usb inputs we will call USB-1 and USB-2, I have 3 devices we will call Ipod, Iphone, and Android Phone
The issue ipod occupies USB-1 when Android Phone is plugged into USB-2. Now what i would like to create is a circuit that switches Ipod between USB-1 and USB-2 depending on what other device i want to use. so for instance USB-1 = Ipod USB-2= Android, but say i want to use the Ipod and Iphone id have to have Ipod on USB-2 and Iphone on USB-1. The circuit would have to a switch for selecting the Android lay out or the Iphone layout and also a third position for NO usb connection. I think it could be accomplished with some relay logic but dont really want to run USB data into and out of a relay.
If found the TI TS3USB221 chip i think might be a good start, please let me know if i can clarify any of this
donfal487

Re: Usb Device switcher

Postby donfal487 » October 15th, 2017, 9:28 pm

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B314G ... ENEMUE2djQ

here is a link to my rough drawling using some usb switching ICs a few relays and a switch
donfal487

Return to The new gadget brainstorm pit