Device that makes multitouch anywhere

Did you see a new gadget or toy and start brimming with ideas? See something that has tons of potential? Discuss these thoughts here.

Device that makes multitouch anywhere

Postby Peter83 » August 15th, 2014, 10:27 am

What would you guys do with a device like this that turns any surface into a touchscreen? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_bo1m7kXgQ
Peter83

Re: Device that makes multitouch anywhere

Postby st2000 » August 16th, 2014, 3:39 pm

This is close to advertisement.

That said, it's still an interesting concept. But I do not see any difference between this and "Leep 3D".

Both fail for me as they do not provide haptec feed back. Like when you touch the capacitive sensitive surface on an Android or iPad. But I think the real fault lies in the software designer, not the device. I think software designers are stuck w/an an outdated concept that people interact with computers in 2 dimensions. Stop thinking about events taking place on a non-existent surface. My arms are getting tired just looking at what people have to go through to interact w/this device. I haven't seen this type of punishment since primary school teachers made students stand in the corner, arms out stretched holding up 2 dictionaries.
st2000

Postby Osgeld » August 17th, 2014, 9:14 pm

guy at work got a leep, used it for maybe a day... when we moved offices we cleaned out our cubes and he found it buried in the bottom of a drawer
Osgeld

Postby EmmettB » August 30th, 2014, 6:24 am

I tried Leep. Hands are getting tired very quick. Comparison with punishment is close enough description :)
PS: original post looks like ad to me.
EmmettB

Return to The new gadget brainstorm pit