Easy Life Saving Challenge

Did you see a new gadget or toy and start brimming with ideas? See something that has tons of potential? Discuss these thoughts here.

Easy Life Saving Challenge

Postby hanshadow » July 30th, 2014, 1:20 pm

I am a new member and really love this site. Every day I see something of interest, and this community has the potential to do great things.

I would like to post a user challenge – I am getting really sick of hearing of all the kids and pets dying in hot cars. It dawns on me that even I could program an Arduino in one evening to detect that there is a living thing in the car and it is too hot, and then turn on ac, roll down windows, text parents, turn on a fan, beep the horn and save a a life. If even I(!) can do this, what is wrong with the car manufacturers???

Anyway, I would love to challenge your members to come up with the best design, and maybe then we can pressure for some regs to force the car makers into investing twenty five cents per car to save lives!

Thanks!
hanshadow

Re: Easy Life Saving Challenge

Postby Retroplayer » August 1st, 2014, 10:36 pm

Because no matter what you design, you cannot fix stupid. And people that leave pets and kids in cars are stupid, period. They are dumb, irresponsible, selfish, inconsiderate wastes of air. They will never buy anything to compensate for their stupidity because if they cared enough to buy something like this, they would care enough to realize their child is in the fucking car in the first place.

It's truly unfortunate, but honestly the only solution that will work is to start executing people that kill a helpless pet or child with their stupidity.

We live in a world where we keep calling things accidents when they are not. Being stupid and reckless is not an accident, people make the conscious choice not to pay attention and where their priorities are. Falling in the shower is an accident.

The last thing we need is another 'thing' to pass off the responsibility. So when a child dies, some jackass can blame it on the device not working because you know, he should have been able to leave his child in the hot car and go have a drink with his buddy...
Retroplayer

Return to The new gadget brainstorm pit