Doggy Doorbell interacting with training collar

Did you see a new gadget or toy and start brimming with ideas? See something that has tons of potential? Discuss these thoughts here.

Doggy Doorbell interacting with training collar

Postby TRBrew » February 16th, 2014, 11:05 am

Greetings,

I have a puppy that does not verbalize when she needs to go outside. Unless you are paying particular attention to her, you miss her "prancing" to and from the front door.

Right now I'm in the process of designing a proximity sensor to "keep watch" on the door, only I have certain problems to overcome.

1) It is the front door of the home, so the senor will function with the human traffic using the door.
2) We have a cat.
3) We have another dog (an older one that does not have to go outside all the time)
4) Our house is small, so we do use the door as a place to bounce balls off of to play with the puppy.

With all of these, we can ignore issue #1, and issues #2 & #3 might not be a true issue after all.

I have also toyed with the idea of using an RFID chip, but what kind of range do these have?

We also use the "Pet Safe Yard and Park" training collar. I think it operates on an FM freq, but how do I determine what freq it is using, and how would I sniff out the code that is pairing it to the remote? Do you think I could "piggy back"/use the same code to give the signal to emit the "Good" sound for the puppy when she goes to the door?

With all of these questions, I think the easiest thing to do right now is to build a small "stomp box" that will emit a pleasing sound so the dog can let the unobservant humans know she needs to go outside to attend to her business.
TRBrew

Return to The new gadget brainstorm pit