Simple Polling

Did you see a new gadget or toy and start brimming with ideas? See something that has tons of potential? Discuss these thoughts here.

Simple Polling

Postby Tsabo » February 9th, 2011, 8:06 am

I was just brainstorming for a simple device that polls a small group of people and gives the result on a simple bar graph.

I was thinking of a device that has maybe 16 - 20 remotes that are connected to a board via cat5 that has two LED bars; one that represents "yes" votes, and the other that represents "no" votes. The remotes simply consist of a three way toggle switch and maybe a green/red LED.

This would be within my scope, IF(!) I didn't want the results to be displayed in a series of LEDs that stack from bottom to top depending on how the people are voting for a live view of the results. It would also be ideal if one could turn off the remotes that are not in use.

If any one has any ideas of something like this that exists, or perhaps has any suggestions, they would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks!

Tsabo
Tsabo

Re: Simple Polling

Postby Tsabo » February 9th, 2011, 10:26 pm

After some research, I think I should be able to make this using two LM3914/NTE1508 Integrated Circuit 10 Step Dot/bar Display Drivers. So I can keep this as an analog project!
Tsabo

Return to The new gadget brainstorm pit