t-mobile g1 dream help

Stuck with a problem in your code? Seek help here.

t-mobile g1 dream help

Postby zane203 » May 7th, 2011, 1:38 pm

alright guys... so first off some info:

I use a blackberry storm 1 [unlocked] for att
I have acquired a g1 dream for t-mobile

I do not wish to use the g1 as a phone, but rather just an android device.

the problem is that its at a factory set. Since I have att and the phone is locked, i can not try any activating from my end.

I've also tried using a friend's t-mobile sim with a data plan, but for some reason, it does not connect to any network still.

Is there ANY way to just wipe the entire device clean and boot a custom android device to it without having to pass the activation screen?

or any way to bypass the activation screen? (i've tried 4 corners, the volume thing, and etc)

or am i just doing to much to be bothered with something thats hopeless?
zane203

Re: t-mobile g1 dream help

Postby jake2600 » May 30th, 2011, 6:13 pm

yes, I did it with my g1 that Im using for hw developing.

First check if your G1 is running RC29 (the "broken" android release, that has the root hole) look for "activating G1 without data plan" that will solve your problem right there.

if not, Root the phone and flash it with a rom, the whole process can be done without going past the activation screen. All the root/flash methods I've seen can be done via adb/sd and the activation screen is not a major obstacle.

As for your friends Tmobile sim, it might not be the right data plan. (smartphone data is different)

Nothing is hopeless until you give up.
jake2600

Postby MS3FGX » May 30th, 2011, 7:27 pm

Yeah, just wipe the thing and install a custom ROM via ADB, and be done with it. There is no reason to keep the original firmware on it anyway.
MS3FGX

Postby helpingmind » March 5th, 2013, 3:51 am

zane203 wrote:alright guys... so first off some info:

I use a blackberry storm 1 [unlocked] for att
I have acquired a g1 dream for t-mobile

I do not wish to use the g1 as a phone, but rather just an android device.

the problem is that its at a factory set. Since I have att and the phone is locked, i can not try any activating from my end.

I've also tried using a friend's t-mobile sim with a data plan, but for some reason, it does not connect to any network still.

Is there ANY way to just wipe the entire device clean and boot a custom android device to it without having to pass the activation screen?

or any way to bypass the activation screen? (i've tried 4 corners, the volume thing, and etc)

or am i just doing to much to be bothered with something thats hopeless?

Do you want to use your phone with other networks? If so you can follow the below step to unlock your phone:

1. To unlock your phone from your current Network, you have to get an unlock code from your Service provider/using unlocking software/from any online service providers like Prounlocking.com .
Here, you need to mention your Country,Network provider,model and manufacturer to unlock your mobile.

Unlocking is the only way to activate your locked mobile. No other ways have matched to bypass the activation screen.
helpingmind

Postby davidhamnn123 » July 25th, 2016, 9:32 am

Hi Zane,

Don't be worry about this issue! Now it's easy to unlock any phone by Code. You just need to send IMEI number, Original Country and Phone model for unlocking the device.

I will suggest you to go to this website "safeunlockcode.com" for unlocking any model device.

please let me know, if you have any query.

Thank you
davidhamnn123

Return to Help Me! Software