Big C# Project

Stuck with a problem in your code? Seek help here.

Big C# Project

Postby oldrocker » November 17th, 2017, 4:52 am

I have registered on this forum purely to find a more than capable/experienced C# coder. They would also need to have a good understanding of VB, database intergration and be able to code my system to correctly communicate with an API. A keen interest in the future of AI would also be useful. He/she must be an extremely good communicator and willing to communicate via Skype or any other communication software they would prefer to use. They must not cut corners and be willing to work for very little gain initially. Even more importantly, they would have to be prepared to be vetted and agree to sign a mutually agreed NDA (non-disclosure agreement)

Being a complete perfectionist, I can be a royal pain in the arse at times, abrasive and always speak my mind, which does not go down well in general. In effect the project will probably entail a complete re-code from the ground up. Therefore, anyone who has an interest in considering this project needs to fully understand that it will be time consuming, frustrating at times and very challenging. However, if they are willing to give it their best, there may just be a gold mine waiting at the end of the rainbow.
oldrocker

Location: Isle of Man (Reside in Cyprus for most of the year)

Re: Big C# Project

Postby k-ww » November 21st, 2017, 12:00 pm

How best to reply to your lament [in general talk] about a lack of response tp this posting:

First, This posting really belongs in requests and commissions, since it is in essence a job ad, not a software help request.

Second, at least you admit up front that you will be a pain in the arse [and by inference a control freak].

Third: you wish to have someone spend time and effort on a project you are reluctant to specify, except to say
they have to be vetted, and sign a NDA, and without any real guarantee of payment in proportion to their efforts.

The last time I ran into an overall situation like this, it was from an AMWAY distributor that had roped in my wife,
and didn't understand why I didn't join up, and make money for him, since I had a consulting job at which I knew
my hourly consulting salary instead of potential pie in the sky income.

I would not qualify for your position anyway, since I'm a hardware geek with 55+ years of hobby/work experience,
as opposed to a software guru.
k-ww

Re: Big C# Project

Postby oldrocker » December 22nd, 2017, 3:55 pm

Hi k-ww

Firstly, my sincere apologies for not replying before. The reason for the longevity of my reply is that I have been lying down in a darkened room (I had a nervous breakdown :!: ) lamenting my unfortunate encounters with programmers who took me on a long winding, expensive ride, believing I was a mug (Which sadly I was) However, I am now a little better (Not a lot, just a bit) I am also a bit wiser of how to go about finding a developer who knows what they are doing, loves what they do and takes pride in their work. They also need to be able to handle the stress of dealing with a sixty-seven year old perfectionist who knows very little (And I mean very little) about coding but is now well versed in shoddy workmanship and will ask all the right questions before putting an 'X' in the box.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear. How do I best respond to a totally misunderstood reply about a man (Me) who has been 'battered,' 'bruised,' 'abused' and totally mislead by three programm developers who over the last four years have almost skinned him alive. First and foremost, I have never ever been accused of being a control freak. Secondly, my post is/was more of a lamentable cry for help.

First, This posting really belongs in requests and commissions, since it is in essence a job ad, not a software help request.

I was and still am a newbi here and if it is in the wrong place, had I known, I would have requested admin to kindly move it for me

Third: you wish to have someone spend time and effort on a project you are reluctant to specify, except to say
they have to be vetted, and sign a NDA, and without any real guarantee of payment in proportion to their efforts.

On the 17th January 2018, it will be the fifth anniversary of the start of this project. I am certain that if you had invested all that time, effort, money and the adverse effect it has had on my health, you too would be guarded about giving too much away. What I am able to reveal without an NDA; it is an automated (Well almost automated, barring a bit more code) in-play horse racing BOT that connects directly to the Betfair API. I can also add it has paid for all the development costs to date. It has also added a healthy but not substantial addition to my pension. That in turn allows me to reside abroad in a warm climate living a fairly simple life, as long as I keep an eye on my expenditure. And just to add; two of the developers I engaged were paid every last cent they were owed. One missed out on his last payment because he totally mucked (If I was crude, the last word would have started with a big F) up the BOT, making it almost unusable. The last developer I sacked even got a £50 payment, after I sacked him, for correcting the last major and important update he m...m...mucked up.

pie in the sky

My 'pie in the sky' has been a long time 'cooking' and it is about time my endeavours came off the 'heat', if only I can find the right person for the job in hand. He, she, or even them will get a cast iron guaranteed contract which will entitle them to take a share in my 'pie,' benefitting in the long term for their hard work.

I will pop over to the requests and commissions section when I have a further three or four hours to spare :)
oldrocker

Location: Isle of Man (Reside in Cyprus for most of the year)

Return to Help Me! Software