Hack chinese ebay IP camera to access videostream

Got a hardware problem? ask for help

Hack chinese ebay IP camera to access videostream

Postby burton666 » April 7th, 2017, 2:13 am

I recently bought a cheap ip-camera from ebay but noticed after I recieved it that you had to use android/ios apps to get access to it. And after reading the ebay info again it actually says that it is only compatible with Android/IOS.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/360-Degree-960P-HD-Fisheye-P2P-WiFi-IP-Camera-Security-Network-Cam-Night-Vision-/361734588163?var=&hash=item54390fc703:m:mi5EQk4buj1y4mDhjvnn-eQ

After setting up the wifi from the app I thought that it would be easy to log in using port 8080, 80 or similar and just find the correct path to the videostream.
I have done a portscan and port 80 and 23 is open and I also found that port 22334 is used from spying on the packets from my android phone.

I tried a lot of paths using iSpys camera url generator but none of them work. if I just enter <IP>:80 in a browser I get a file downloaded witch contains only this: "<H1>Index of /mnt/web/</H1>"
I also tried hydra on the telnet port 23 using some camera password-lists from github. But it takes forever to complete. I also tried all random telnet user/pass combinations I could think of like: admin:admin, admin:(blank), root:root, etc.

Anyone knows how I should proceed? And would access to telnet get me anywhere? My goal is to be able to get the videostream by URL so that I can add it in some camera software.
When capturing the packets from the app the trafik was pretty big, like ~1Mb for around 30s of capturingtime so I guess that that port 22334 is probably used for the videostream.

On the box it says: 360Eye S
Model: EC11-I6

And when trying to log in using telnet this comes up:
IPC365 Login:
burton666

Return to Help me! Hardware