eKit module: replace samples with my own

Got a hardware problem? ask for help

eKit module: replace samples with my own

Postby trashNcrashes321 » March 20th, 2017, 10:06 pm

ive been a long time reader of this site and i cant believe im just now joining!

so i have a ton of acoustic drums. theres a million samples ive made, of them, that i used to trigger with software named "drumagog". i play metal. i do heel-toe, "machine gun", fast double-bass. i cant deal with the latency of running through a pc. the lest latency i had was 6ms and it threw me off.

is there a way to 1) replace/add samples to sound modules? would they have to be for drums, or does anyone know of a work around by replacing, for example a cheap keyboards sounds, and running midi from a trigger module? 2) are there cheap alternatives to this issue than buying a roland td series? that crap is expensive as hell considering i wont want to pretty much ever use anything except that feature... ever. and 3) lol of course i have to ask because im so interested in this lil guy.. anyone on here made their own module with an arduino and had great results?

any hack would be SOOO FREAKIN APPRECIATED!

PS: my pc is capable (i believe) of low enough latency. i have 2 dual xeon processors, 250gbssd, 2tb hdd, 32gb ram, shitty geforce video, win7ult.. sonar x3, ezdrummer and many other random synths.. ddrum dti trigger i/o, 2 old yamaha drum module trigger samplers... let me know if you need more info
trashNcrashes321

Return to Help me! Hardware