HP Touch Smart Monitor

Got a hardware problem? ask for help

Re: HP Touch Smart Monitor

Postby escline » September 1st, 2013, 9:52 am

Ok, I took the disassemble one step further and found these 2 labels, which from the looks of it, are what you need.

LCD-Panel-Part-number.jpg
LCD Panel label 1

LCD-Panel-Part-number2.jpg
LCD Panel label 2
escline

Postby modder_mike » September 4th, 2013, 5:58 pm

Yes, that's exactly what we need :)

From the label, the manufacturer is Chi Mei Optoelectronics, and the model is M190A1-L05. A datasheet for that panel can be found here: http://lcd-screen.com.ua/data/pdf/CHI%2 ... A1-L05.pdf

From this datasheet we can pull all we need to know to drive this panel. We find that the panel's specifications are 1440x900/56-75Hz/8bpp, its electronics run on 5V at max 3A, it has four CCFL backlight tubes, and it expects a two-channel LVDS signal. The panel connector model and pinout are also given.

You already have the backlight driver (presumably), so that's no problem. You also already have a connecting cable, so that's easy too. Now you need something to make 5V and a LVDS signal and shove it down the cable. You can use an off the shelf eBay controller board, or design something yourself, there are plenty of options. What other information are you looking for?
modder_mike

Postby escline » September 4th, 2013, 7:32 pm

Excellent. Thanks! I found a VGA/DVI to LVDS universal controller on ebay and a cable to go with it. The backlight driver should still be good, so we'll see what happens when I get the parts in.
escline

Postby edourdo » October 29th, 2014, 11:53 am

Hey I know this is an old discussion but I was hoping someone could provide some further information as I am trying to do this very same thing with this model as well. thanks for any response.
edourdo

Postby modder_mike » October 29th, 2014, 10:16 pm

What further information do you need? I'm sure one of us would be happy to help if we can :)
modder_mike

Postby raheeco » June 16th, 2015, 6:57 pm

Hey guys! I want to do the exact same, but i also want access to the touchscreen (Digital touchscreen jukebox project)

a commenter on the dis-assembly video for the touchsmart has said he's done it:

"@admcontini1 No instructions really... I just got bored and started looking at the monitor control boards and noticed that I could take the control unit of another 19" monitor and use it for power and video inputs... Then as far as the touch feature there's another board that runs off of USB (the touch controller) and just patched the connector to a male end usb cable and plugged it in... Windows XP auto recognizes it as a human interface device I'll post the video I made if i can find it :)"

but this is going back 4 years and there was no follow up video or information from the poster.

I understand i need an LCD Controller to convert LVDS to VGA/DVI (and apparently a universal rather than product specific one can be used as the owner of the thread has shown)
but obtaining a touchscreen controller to USB is proving difficult.

If anyone could help me on something im missing, advice, or point me in the right direction, i would be majorly grateful!
raheeco

Postby adhanantony » July 11th, 2017, 8:51 am

Even though many people say these are nice topics, these can greatly impact your score.
adhanantony

Postby utsavilly » July 25th, 2017, 8:05 am

Welcome. Looking for more contributions from you.
utsavilly

Postby johnpavvo » July 29th, 2017, 7:10 am

HI FRIENDS;
I HAVE A HP LAPTOP P5310
HIS THUMB SCANNER NOT WORKING.
PLEASE HELP.

-------------------------------
a research based studies about Pregnany.its all about Early Signs of pregnancy and other tips for new mothers.We Working Health,Fitness Related Research Work
johnpavvo

Previous

Return to Help me! Hardware