Logitech g930 microusb problem

Got a hardware problem? ask for help

Logitech g930 microusb problem

Postby latouffe » September 16th, 2012, 12:40 am

Hi!

My Logitech g930 wont charge. The problem lies in the microusb - i think something broke inside (a loose pin) and the microusb is not so stable - its in place but its moving. And I cant charge them.
Theres a way to open the headphones to fix them - to weld the microusb?

BTW, i bought the headphones in a store and i dont have any warranty left. Its eligible for return to Logitech and receive a new one?

Thank you.
latouffe

Re: Logitech g930 microusb problem

Postby UAirLtd » September 16th, 2012, 8:17 am

yes, if it's a loose connection that can be diagnosed and fixed if you have some experience with soldering (not welding). It may involve simply reconnecting the loose plug, or it may be slightly more complex such as adding a wire to replace a damaged track, or replacing a component.

Even though your store-bought warranty may have expired, do check the laws and regulations about warranties in your country/state, in some places manufacturers are required to provide a warranty for a fixed period, and retailers do not often advertise the existence of such warranties since they prefer you to purchase their "extended warranty" package (which absurdly in some cases provide the same or less coverage as the legally mandated manufacturer's warranty). You would be arguing that the loose pin is a result of poor manufacturing, though manufacturers will argue that the loose connection is caused by heavy use and therefore not covered, this is a gray area.
UAirLtd

Return to Help me! Hardware