How to trick my radio into thinking a cd is playing?

Got a hardware problem? ask for help

How to trick my radio into thinking a cd is playing?

Postby Lenn » February 12th, 2013, 4:12 pm

Title says it all, i want my car radio to think that a cd is playing (the cd player doesn't work anymore), so that it will pick up the signal from an aux cable i've soldered on the L & R CH output from the cd player....

These are the labels of the 26 pin flatcable that goes from the cd player to the main board.

SCLK
DATA
XLAT
CLCK
XRST
SENS
SQCK
SQSO
SCOR
A
B
C
MCCW
MCW
CHA
LDON
AGND
OOUT
L-CH
R-CH
5V
CD-G
GND
GND
8V
8V

There's no datasheet from the radio, it's an original saab radio for a saab 9-3 with no casset player, just a cd player. Through this link
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B8z3V ... ring&pli=1 you can find the datasheets for the chips that are on the cd player board and an excell file that says "benamingen" which means names, because i took apart the cd player, and tracked down as many (roads? tracks?) as i could.

I thought that by connecting the 5v to the SENS it would be enough... but it's not I really need some help on this, i'm a real beginner in all of this so some advice would be nice !
Thanks alot,

Lennart.
Lenn

Re: How to trick my radio into thinking a cd is playing?

Postby samster2.0 » February 21st, 2013, 6:34 pm

This probably won't help you much, and I apologize in advance for posting this. :(

I had a Ford radio with a CD player and I added an aux-in port to it by tying a phono-jack into the CD-player audio out traces.
Then, what you had to do it use Audacity to record about 75 minutes of 'dead air' into a .wav file, and burn that as an audio track to a CD.
To listen to the aux-in, just play the 'dead air' CD, and the aux-in audio at the same time (hint: all you would hear is the aux-in).

I totaled the 2000 Windstar shortly thereafter and got a modern non-motherly vehicle with BT audio, SYNC, SiriusXM, Pandora, USB, and... aux-in.
samster2.0

Re: How to trick my radio into thinking a cd is playing?

Postby UAirLtd » February 21st, 2013, 8:28 pm

That is actually quite a cool hack!
UAirLtd

Return to Help me! Hardware