Connector cable for e-ink display (ED060SC7)

Got a hardware problem? ask for help

Connector cable for e-ink display (ED060SC7)

Postby d_nitemarez » December 3rd, 2012, 12:06 am

Hi there, my project is using an e-ink display, model# ED060SC7 - which is basically a 6" Kindle 3 display. It's has a 34 pin ribbon connector, as per the datasheet the model number is AXT434124. I googled a bit and see that it's a Panasonic connector that many sellers are selling online. I can't seem to find a cable that I can use between the display and my breadboard.

So, the question is - where can I find the cable that'll have a socket to hook up with the display and the other side will have headers for breadboard.

Here's the display: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-POS ... 31325.html
And here's the datasheet (PDF Alert!): http://www.coscom.com.tw/manage/soft_do ... r%2020.pdf
The connector detail is in Page 7

So far, I don't see any other way than to make my own cable using a connector with some old ribbon cable but I want to avoid that :)

Thanks in advanced!!
d_nitemarez

Re: Connector cable for e-ink display (ED060SC7)

Postby k-ww » December 3rd, 2012, 7:36 am

I would make a breakout board, with a mating connector and then going to a dual pattern .1" by .1" and .3" grid so yyou could populate it with a normal ribbon cable, or plug the breakout board directly into your breadboard.
My presonal preference would be to not use a ribbon cable to extend the signals, because of the problems you could run into with fast signals and cross coupling on the cable, but to keep it short and go directly to your breadboard.
k-ww

Postby d_nitemarez » December 5th, 2012, 2:06 am

Hmmm.. I couldn't find any connector cable myself, so I guess I have to built a breakout board after all - just as you suggested. I understand the problem with the ribbon cable and will avoid that, thank you for pointing that out :)
d_nitemarez

Postby benbergman » July 20th, 2013, 11:24 pm

Did you manage to get you project working? I would be interested in seeing your schematic and software for communicating with this display.
benbergman

Return to Help me! Hardware