$20 DIY H-gate PC shifter for sim racing

Keep a log of a project build here. Be sure to include pictures and as much documentation as possible.

Re: $20 DIY H-gate PC shifter for sim racing

Postby ramim » January 4th, 2015, 4:42 am

ShenLun wrote:HI

I love the idea, but I was wondering if you could shed some light on a the exact usb controller you bought please.

I am wanting to use this for euro truck simulator (as I am trying to get some hours up before actually get my license/ CDL). How can i change the standard 7 speed into a 18 or even 21 speed shifter? But also use it a 7 speed for other racing games? 6 forward one reverse?

Also do you have any plans for a diy driving wheel?

Kind Regards
ShenLun

Hi;

You can buy any controller, but the cheapest is the best as it is less complicated, you can buy genius brand. Also I am using this for ETS2, I removed the shifter that came with my Logitech g27, and using my own shifter as it is way better and gives more realistic feeling. You can change the gears from high or low by assigning a button on the controller in the game settings itself to change from 7 to 14 or even 21.

Regards.
ramim

Postby Nimbus » January 28th, 2015, 4:25 am

ramim wrote:
ShenLun wrote:HI

I love the idea, but I was wondering if you could shed some light on a the exact usb controller you bought please.

I am wanting to use this for euro truck simulator (as I am trying to get some hours up before actually get my license/ CDL). How can i change the standard 7 speed into a 18 or even 21 speed shifter? But also use it a 7 speed for other racing games? 6 forward one reverse?

Also do you have any plans for a diy driving wheel?

Kind Regards
ShenLun

Hi;

You can buy any controller, but the cheapest is the best as it is less complicated, you can buy genius brand. Also I am using this for ETS2, I removed the shifter that came with my Logitech g27, and using my own shifter as it is way better and gives more realistic feeling. You can change the gears from high or low by assigning a button on the controller in the game settings itself to change from 7 to 14 or even 21.

Regards.

can I use usb keyboard/numpad keyboard instead of usb game controller ?
Nimbus

Postby spikes525 » March 2nd, 2015, 8:36 pm

hi thank's for your tread. i'm planning to built it, but my only problem is to find where i connect the wire on my game pad. [url]http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/dual-action-gamepad[url]
do you know how to find information about that product
thank's

here's a pic of the dual-action
spikes525

Postby MrRonny6 » March 28th, 2015, 9:12 am

Can you please reactivate the download for the template, because I want to rebuild this shifter, but since I have no experience with any kind of PC-shifter, I don't know how big it should be...
MrRonny6

Postby marchamilton » December 29th, 2015, 11:50 am

hi there guys, i have done everything, connected it to my pc, how do you set it up properly in game to select all gears, i have a driving force GT and i use a spare joystick for my clutch
marchamilton

Postby marchamilton » December 29th, 2015, 12:01 pm

my previous reply has to do with setting it up in ETS2
marchamilton

Previous

Return to Project Logs