panasonic SA-HT700 5.1 DVD system ressurection.

Keep a log of a project build here. Be sure to include pictures and as much documentation as possible.

panasonic SA-HT700 5.1 DVD system ressurection.

Postby superbrainAK » October 11th, 2012, 11:24 pm

hello HAD! this my first huge project I'm working on and decided it would help to get some help from all you cool people.
I have recently acquired a Panasonic SA-HT700 "DVD home theater sound system" from my aunt I cannot get it to turn on -the first reason is that the main board is not getting the standby power from the sub\amp\psu, I have already checked the continuity of the cable, and I have confirmed its 6V is alive really about 5.4 in (fig1).
-I also put my own separate supply into the main board that is the same voltage(fig2), standby led lights(fig3), ir in works, power button does also but with no response from anything (I found 2 wires to the psu 1 that is pulled up("sync") and one pulled down("h_mute") but none that change state when the power button is pressed) and the uc does work 21.7mA with the led board in(fig4) and 20.5mA not in.
-and I am having difficulty probing the psu because I cannot get a screw out.
and my pictures are up on http://postimage.org/gallery/8f7lfsqm/ (thanks to that guy\|/)
Last edited by superbrainAK on October 12th, 2012, 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
superbrainAK

Re: panasonic SA-HT700 5.1 DVD system ressurection.

Postby UAirLtd » October 12th, 2012, 2:01 am

Image hosting website like this one? http://www.postimage.org/
UAirLtd

Postby superbrainAK » October 16th, 2012, 4:31 pm

well guys I was messing around with it to see if I can manually turn it on besides jumping the relay and I have had no luck in seeing how i could even switch on the relay verry odd transistor circuit 2 NPN's, but anywho as i was following traces from what i found in the psu/amp board one spot near the connector for the main board that has the coatings missing (green and white stuff) and one of the wires that run through there is the ground that connects the psu standby/switch board but i tried connecting a wire to bypass it but now it is doing something completly different. no 6V or power anywhere even when I disconnected the wire, so what I really need now are suggestions on how to get the screw out, thanks.
superbrainAK

Postby Retroplayer » October 21st, 2012, 10:34 am

Look for screw extraction bits. It will destroy the screw, but works beautifully on stripped heads. If the head is not stripped, use a posidrive bit which is designed not to "cam-out". Always works better with stubbron screws.
Retroplayer

Postby UAirLtd » October 21st, 2012, 10:41 am

would this work?
UAirLtd

Postby superbrainAK » October 21st, 2012, 1:41 pm

i havent tried extraction bits but the only reason it is stripped in the first place is because it is really stuck, i had a screw driver turned by pliers with most of my weight on it and it wouldnt budge, i was thinking getting a metal bit and drilling it out(wich is basically an extraction bit, not much experience with tools) but i have limited resources and a dremal is the closest i have right now, ill be asking my neighbors because i think one of them has a drill. thanks for the help and concern!
superbrainAK

Postby UAirLtd » October 21st, 2012, 4:54 pm

If you do have a dremel, slice a slot in the screw and use a flat head screwdriver
UAirLtd

Postby superbrainAK » January 13th, 2013, 9:20 pm

well i finally got the stubborn screw out, i did that by first trying to see if wiggling the board would loosen it up and it didnt but what i found out is that it isnt stuck where the threads are it was stuck to the metal grounding plate under the screw so i ripped that off the board thus giving me enough leverage to get it undone (see fig5). as i had mentioned before i had seen where the coating of the wires are missing that is true and as i have noticed when i looked at it closer the area around the connector plug has been cracked and somebody (either at the factory or third party) had fixed it by soldering over the broken connections and because the plug is rather conspicuous and the board is cracked it had broken the solder and come undone (see fig6), i am currently in the process of resoldering those wires or maybe just breaking that plug out (resoldering would be easier :) )
superbrainAK

Postby superbrainAK » January 13th, 2013, 10:55 pm

ok after i have found wich wires were severed i had resoldered them but they arent verry stable :/ it turns on now, the relay clicks, dvd searches for a disk and things get warm, but it is verry unstable and a little bump of the connecter and it turns off, also the flourescent -30v supply isnt and not connected/ing im not shure about the motor for the eject and turn but i am going to check voltages and stuff now.
superbrainAK

Postby superbrainAK » January 19th, 2013, 6:26 pm

well now ive done it :/ im pretty shure the entire cable is working now but i have another conection that is busted :/ (it is the board that has the fourescent display, ir sensor, eject button and volume ccontroll) how i did that was i had hooked it up to my breadboard with some hookup wire and those bent the wires inside the conector and now the original ribbon cable doesnt connect. i would probably need to replace it with something that i buy online anybody know what i should search for and what site is good? it is a 22 pin through-hole connector (see the pic of it ^).
superbrainAK

Next

Return to Project Logs