Renesas r5f64169 development board

Keep a log of a project build here. Be sure to include pictures and as much documentation as possible.

Renesas r5f64169 development board

Postby Bartols » September 12th, 2012, 4:10 pm

Hi!

Here I will post the news about this project which is in it's embrionary state, the power and ICSP have already been wired in the prototyping board, and the MCU code can be upload using the Flash Development Toolkit.

In the right side area is mounted the lcd backlight controller using MP3394 this part is under construction

In future posts I will be upgrading the contents about that project and posting new HW and SW whenever will be possible.

The objective is to have in the same board:

- modbus implementation
- usb capabilities using some FTDI stuff
- SD capabilities
- Parallel Flash memory
- driving a TFT screen with sd1963 (why not?) 8)

All the thin wires have been soldered using the ELM-CHAN technique, but I think I have to improve it more.
- 0.15 34 awg enameled wire
- 1mm solder tip
Last edited by Bartols on December 18th, 2012, 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bartols

Re: Renesas r5f64169 development board

Postby Bartols » October 24th, 2012, 10:02 am

Hi all!

Too much time without posting anything new about this project, by now, I decided to make a PCB in order to allocate the processor and some other stuff (FTDI2232H and a modbus LTC485 driver)

Two sides board, with standard rules to send the pcb to PCB-CART in order to produce 3 units for testing purposes.

The next step will be to mount ans solder the components and take a long or short time (depending on my efficiency) in order to test the hardware and the software.
This pcb will be intended to use as main board, that is why I have routed all the I/O pins to the side connectors , and then other expansion boards could be connected

If someone is interested in the pcb project file I could provide it too.
Last edited by Bartols on December 18th, 2012, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bartols

Postby Bartols » November 19th, 2012, 5:05 pm

Hi!

After waiting for a week and a half, finally the PCB arrived:

136,6 euros
2 layers
0.2 mm minium spacing
0.3 mm minium drill
0.4 mm minium annular ring
Bartols

Postby Bartols » December 18th, 2012, 2:41 pm

Hi!

I have finisehd the mounting of the R32C DevBoard, the R32C micro works fine, and the FT2232H is correctly soldered and works well also...

These days I have been writing the basic software to include a console interface using the FT2232H as a virtual COMM port...

The next step will be the checking of the MODBUS transceiver in order to interface the R32C using the modbus protocol...

Here are two pictures of the project HW and the command console interface...

Have a good day!
Attachments
2.JPG
2.JPG (109.22 KiB) Viewed 826 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (183.33 KiB) Viewed 826 times
Bartols

Postby Bartols » March 5th, 2013, 10:19 am

Hi All!

I have finished the latest part of this project which was the implementation of a slave modbus using the ltc485 IC in order to accomplish the physical signalling...

for now I will not post anything more about this project... but I have in mind to add an expansion pcb including the following functionalities:
-Ethernet capabilities
-SD card interfacing
-some sort of graphics using a serial color LCD or OLED display...

If anyone asks for code or PCB designs I can provide it...

Thanks for reading!

PD: in the picture you can see the 2 lines of LTC485 A and B and a oscope capture
Attachments
DSC09950_fjpg.JPG
DSC09949_fjpg.JPG
Bartols

Return to Project Logs