Welcome to the OFFICIAL Hackaday forums!

Description of your first forum.

Re: Welcome to the OFFICIAL Hackaday forums!

Postby florin_gtrst » January 28th, 2011, 10:03 am

I know I wished for this forum! :D Here's to a great start; Cheers!
florin_gtrst

Postby mikronauts » January 28th, 2011, 4:39 pm

These days, I don't have much time for forums... but I will make time for the shiny new forum here - I check here for new electronics hacks daily!

Thanks for adding a forum.

Bill

calebkraft wrote:We've been asked for it forever, now we're delivering. We know it isn't fancy and will most likely have its problems. Please be patient with us while we try to get it all moving smoothly.

-caleb
mikronauts

Postby 1337 » January 28th, 2011, 5:17 pm

Osgeld wrote:for me it does not matter if there is a trillion themes to use or not, I ALWAYS end up sitting down and tweaking them, this one is mostly fine, maybe change the quote text, and the light blue to hack a day style green (IMO)

+1 for the color green used in the even rows of the comments section of the main site.

Postby Osgeld » January 28th, 2011, 10:10 pm

there are things happening in regards to the forum theme

Osgeld

Postby notmyfault2000 » January 29th, 2011, 10:56 pm

calebkraft wrote:
notmyfault2000 wrote:May I ask why you chose phpBB over MyBB? Don't list "security" since http://www.hackforums.com has that covered (as well as performance optimizations).

There are a ton of forum options. We went with what was familiar.

So you went with a familiar PoS over something easy to maintain, with good support and intelligent developers?
notmyfault2000

Postby Osgeld » January 29th, 2011, 11:39 pm

I maintained a (200k + user account) myBB forum for nearly 2 years, everything you say is backwards, down to the fact that site was logic bombed internally because I did not bother to implement a update that only consisted of a year old list of hand patches on a (then) 12 year old's schedule

besides who gives a crap, its not your forum, its not your call, this place takes text and post's it, WTF do you want??, and, btw myBB is nothing than a poorly supported phpBB clone with a featureless admin panel and no compatibility with anything cept mk portal, if that is not a dead joke by now

I dont like phpbb, but shit man your telling the sinner to commit murder, my bb is fine if you want 2 people supporting you that barley understand functionality and a sub 100 user board
Osgeld

Postby crait » January 30th, 2011, 1:39 am

Thanks, guys! :D :D :D
crait

Postby calebkraft » January 30th, 2011, 9:00 am

notmyfault2000 wrote:
calebkraft wrote:
notmyfault2000 wrote:May I ask why you chose phpBB over MyBB? Don't list "security" since http://www.hackforums.com has that covered (as well as performance optimizations).

There are a ton of forum options. We went with what was familiar.

So you went with a familiar PoS over something easy to maintain, with good support and intelligent developers?

I personally dislike mybb. Your vehemence on the issue is quite peculiar. Please just enjoy our forums and relax.
calebkraft

Postby notmyfault2000 » January 30th, 2011, 11:33 am

Meh, I doubt I'll be returning. I just like agitating people who base decisions off of how something was 2-3 years ago rather than how it is now. I don't have the time or budget to do anything worth contributing to the site.
notmyfault2000

Postby Tachikoma » January 30th, 2011, 8:26 pm

I don't want to nag admins like this, but can we have a better highlighting scheme for differentiating read and unread topics? Also, having the ability mark all forums read on the index page, and viewing recent posts would be also valuable.
Tachikoma

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk