Is it possible to make a wireless keyboard into a wired one?

Description of your first forum.

Is it possible to make a wireless keyboard into a wired one?

Postby zane203 » April 12th, 2012, 9:58 pm

Ok, so in my school's robotic's lab, someone just threw a logitech wireless keyboard in the "up for grabs" pile, without the usb receiver. So I wanted to know if it's even possible (and I mean that in the fashion of "not making an entirely new keyboard" possible) to add a cord to the board.

If so, do you have any known sources of documentation? If not, I might just take it apart and play around with it and look into making something for practice... or being stupid.

Thanks in advance!
zane203

Re: Is it possible to make a wireless keyboard into a wired

Postby st2000 » April 13th, 2012, 12:13 am

Got to ask, at less the $15 a pop, a new wired keyboard sounds like the way to go.

Still, if you are going ahead w/this - I think it will be tough. The last wireless keyboard I pulled apart multiplexed the button directly to the bluetooth chip. There was to USB/HID chip in there. And that will make it very hard to convert to USB.

-good luck
st2000

Postby st2000 » April 13th, 2012, 12:13 am

[Message got posted twice]
st2000

Postby Colecago » April 13th, 2012, 1:57 pm

You could use a Teensy board and read the keymatrix of the keyboard and talk over usb to the computer
http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/projects.html

You could also try sniffing the com lines that go to the wireless part and decode them, but that doesn't sound as easy.
Colecago

Postby UAirLtd » April 14th, 2012, 7:31 am

You might have some luck just using the USB receiver from another Logitech keyboard. It's possible that they're mostly compatible

Alternatively if you're into hacking, check to see if the wireless keyboard is using the CYRF6936 chipset (a lot of Logitech wireless peripherals use this), and then build you own receiver!
UAirLtd

Postby zane203 » April 15th, 2012, 12:47 am

Thanks for the heads up guys :D - hopefully I'll get the time to play around with it (finales are coming up T~T).
zane203

Postby Arrangemonk » June 12th, 2012, 2:58 am

if your keyboard is supported by the unifying reciever, you probably buy a wireless logitec mouse and use the reciever for both mouse and keyboard
Arrangemonk

Postby alith45 » January 17th, 2018, 4:11 am

Hello...

Thank you for sharing the above information about to make a wireless keyboard into a wired one..., because I also try this for very long time..., and the above information was really helpful for me...

computer and accessories
alith45

Return to General Talk