Introduce yourself here!

Description of your first forum.

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Postby sharealikelicence » November 7th, 2012, 6:30 am

Hey everyone,

My name is Aaron (a.k.a. power.supply or sharealikelicence)

I'm the guy responsible for this hack:
http://hackaday.com/2012/09/27/how-to-make-that-old-satellite-dish-cook-all-your-meals/

I'm mainly a stay a home dad at the moment. But I am also nearly finished my Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronics) degree. Only one subject and 12 weeks industrial placement left. I also work casually for a major electronics retailer in Australia. I love hacking and nerding it up in general. I'm also an environmentalist of sorts. I suppose you could call me a nerdy hippy. But with less hair....and a better odour.

I currently run
http://sharealikelicence.wordpress.com
sharealikelicence

Postby timokugo » November 12th, 2012, 4:09 am

My name is Tim, I am a Software Engineering student. My interest is in Android, USSD and SMS technologies. I like what i do.
timokugo

Postby Legion » December 28th, 2012, 4:25 am

Hi my name is Luen.
I'm a gadget guy.
I like to tinker with digital and analogue electronics.
I'm very fond of tiny micro controllers and hope to expand my understanding of them as I go.

Here's my Blog, Website, Trash Hub.
http://www.recall.co.nr

Thanks for having me.
Legion

Postby tamarok » December 28th, 2012, 12:33 pm

I am Tamarok, a software developer, though hoping to get into some aerospace related stuff.
tamarok

Postby FastEddie » January 27th, 2013, 12:35 pm

Hey everybody, my name is Eddie, junior of Mechanical engineering at San Diego State University. I have been officially member of hackaday for only a few weeks, but I have been to the site for quite a long time. I am new to the electronics stuff.
FastEddie

Postby Cyber-Anarchist » February 12th, 2013, 6:02 pm

Hello Everyone,

I've been watching the Hack-A-Day blog for over a year now and just decided to join up with the forums as I begin to take on my own projects and ideas. I've always been enthusiastic about mechanical hardware and computers, specifically where the two mesh; robotics. In fact this Fall I am beginning a course that combines both mechanical and electrical engineering. They have a spiffy name for the program, "mechatronix." Along with this program I have self-taught, as most of us probably have, myself python and C, along with some web coding as needed.

I hope this will be a good place to come to for information and a good place for me to brain dump whatever I find and think may be important or just plain cool.

Cheers.
Cyber-Anarchist

Postby jeristair » February 15th, 2013, 1:32 pm

Hello I'm Alistair from New Zealand, and this is my second year of doing electronics at school, I have always been interested in electronics. there's not that much to say about me. My current project is a Computer Controlled Robot. I have previously posted about this robot on http://www.brightsparks.org.nz/the-forum/bb-our-main-discussion-forum-come-in-here/computer-controlled-robot-using-computer-picaxe-serial-link-2/
jeristair

Postby the_mick » February 15th, 2013, 9:56 pm

Hello all, my name is mick, currently residing in the frozen state of vermont. I am an aviation maintenance student during the day, and hotel maintenance boy by night. My interests include high power rockets, motorsports, star wars, amusement park design and recently I have been tinkering with arduino.
the_mick

Postby agenthex » February 17th, 2013, 11:56 am

Hi, folks. I'm Scott. I live in Portland, OR. I write code and fly a R/C helicopter. I like to keep it simple or, failing that, elegant.
agenthex

Postby phillysteak527 » February 18th, 2013, 10:34 pm

Hello All

My Name is Philip Haasnoot and I am a mechanical/electrical engineer. I currently work in aerospace and as a consultant for robotics/automation projects at various companies in NY. I've been an avid reader of Hackaday since High School, my absurd NERF gun was featured on the site at one point. I look forward to being a lifetime member of this site and will hopefully get many more projects featured!
phillysteak527

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk