Looking for a display for TRS-80 Model 100

Got some old equipment to sell? sell it here!
Please, don't try to do anything illegal. It is a pain in our butts having to police this.

Looking for a display for TRS-80 Model 100

Postby leadacid » May 17th, 2012, 2:54 pm

Hi everyone

With the recent posts about the TRS-80 model 100 going around lately, I thought I'd dig my father's old one out and play around with it.

Well, unfortunately it looks like that the batteries were stored along with it about 10 years ago. Of course batteries do what they do and exploded all over the place. You can guess what the corrosion looks like. :-(

Amazingly because it was stored upside down, it looks like the acid leak only affected the display circuit board. Pretty badly though. Lifted traces, corroded pins on the LCD controllers, etc. Essentially a total write off. Everything else though, looks just fine. When I power it up, the system works great, just half the display is dead or dying.

Does anyone have a junk model 100 with a good screen, or even just an LCD that I could get to have this thing running again? I'd hate to carve up one on eBay just for the display, or to give up on my father's old model 100 just because of this. I'd be willing to pay for it, but not more than the price of a totally different one on eBay, or what Club 100 charges for a replacement display, of course. :-)

Thanks for looking!
leadacid

Return to classifieds