All in one PC Monitor?

Request a hack or modification here:

So, you need a new wheelchair control for your nephew, someone here can figure it it. Maybe you want ambient lighting for your car to match the music, we've probably got someone here who does that.

No illegal "hacking" requests allowed and we are not responsible for the activities of the users. If you make an arrangement with another user, it is between the two of you.

All in one PC Monitor?

Postby Furzball » December 30th, 2012, 2:06 pm

I was looking at my all in one Desktop while moving around my room. The screen is connected via HDMI. I was curious, since the PC also has a VGA out port, if I could run computing tasks on a different screen while running xbox games using hdmi connection to this PC? Will the fact that the monitor is a touch screen bug out the xbox 360? Thanks for any info :D
Furzball

Re: All in one PC Monitor?

Postby semicolo » December 31st, 2012, 8:15 am

Just try it out you can't break anything here. Usually you can choose the main monitor in the video settings of the operating system, so just connect a monitor on the vga port, it should be detected and then you can configure your computer to only use the external monitor.
I don't think the xbox will notice the touch interface.
semicolo

Re: All in one PC Monitor?

Postby Furzball » January 7th, 2013, 10:39 pm

Well it works, except no sound. So will try and figure that out. Hoping to find a HDMI KVM so I can switch between the xbox and PC.

Edit: found Madcatz headset adaptor at best buy. Now I have my wireless headset, and bigger hdmi screen to go with my Xbox 360. Plus my PC to go online with.
Furzball

Return to Requests and commissions