Tacoma - Entune replace w Nexus 7 - camera/controls mod

Request a hack or modification here:

So, you need a new wheelchair control for your nephew, someone here can figure it it. Maybe you want ambient lighting for your car to match the music, we've probably got someone here who does that.

No illegal "hacking" requests allowed and we are not responsible for the activities of the users. If you make an arrangement with another user, it is between the two of you.

Re: Tacoma - Entune replace w Nexus 7 - camera/controls mod

Postby wi11iamedward » November 28th, 2012, 9:11 am

Anything guys?

Another option would be to hardwire the nexus dock into the truck. Then use bluetooth to connect the Nexus 7 with my phone... so the nexus acts as a call proxy to the stereo.

This too, has limitations, as I cannot get the two devices to work in this manor... that I have found.
wi11iamedward

Re: Tacoma - Entune replace w Nexus 7 - camera/controls mod

Postby st2000 » November 28th, 2012, 8:07 pm

You sure you want to do this? Just to get to the car's head unit control bus you are probably going to have to invest into the commonly available IOIO board and then write JAVA code for the Nexus7 to decode the data from the buttons on the steering wheel. As far as getting video, I would not open up the Nexis7. We've a couple of other tablets open in the lab and there is little that can be added as the parts are crammed in there. I would go with the WIFI camera. But be prepared to wait for the Nexus7 to boot up (remember, it is a whole Linux computer system booting up) as well as for the WIFI connection to be made. BTW, as the Nexus7 and the Camera are (probably) DHCP clients, are you going to be adding a WIFI router in your car as well to pass out IP addresses? Like I said, you sure you want to do this?

-good luck
st2000

Previous

Return to Requests and commissions