wireless N52TE gaming pad

Request a hack or modification here:

So, you need a new wheelchair control for your nephew, someone here can figure it it. Maybe you want ambient lighting for your car to match the music, we've probably got someone here who does that.

No illegal "hacking" requests allowed and we are not responsible for the activities of the users. If you make an arrangement with another user, it is between the two of you.

wireless N52TE gaming pad

Postby AWill » November 9th, 2012, 2:02 pm

I have a belkin n52te gaming pad. I love the pad but wanted to get ALL the wires off my desk completely. It uses a USB cable to connect to the computer. I was looking to building "something" to wirelessly interface my pad with my computer.

spec sheet : http://www.belkin.com/uk/p/P-F8GFPC200#
Even better would be to add additional USB ports to the side of the pad and have it work as a wireless hub. (optional)

requirements:
A1 = USB unit attached to bottom of gamepad with battery power source and transmitter
B1 = receiver device to connect to computer

My thought was it would work something like this:

Game pad --> A1 --> B1 --> computer

i'm not really particular about if it uses bluetooth, wifi or something else.

Any thoughts?
AWill

Re: wireless N52TE gaming pad

Postby ChalkBored » November 9th, 2012, 10:30 pm

http://www.everythingusb.com/cables-unl ... 15823.html

Find something along the lines of that, except most of them seem to be discontinued or only work with limited types of hardware. You'll also need a battery pack or inductive power setup and a way to throw it all together that doesn't look like crap.
ChalkBored

Postby AWill » November 9th, 2012, 11:49 pm

I was defiantly thinking along those lines. Putting it together is not really the hard part. This might do the trick IF i can get some win7 drivers. Some of the reviews mention that they are "out there" but I can't seem to locate them.
AWill

Postby AWill » November 11th, 2012, 10:20 am

can't seem to locate a vendor that sells something like those. None at least that run on Win7. Any other thoughts? I wouldnt be opposed to building it with multiple chips.
AWill

Postby k-ww » November 11th, 2012, 12:02 pm

If you are going to hack this, since it already emulates a keyboard, remove it's electronics, use the guts from a wireless keyboard, and cross connect the keys to that.

You would loose the reprogramability, but there should be ways around that on the PC side to re-map the keys.
k-ww

Return to Requests and commissions